The University’s Estates Department manages four campuses in Gloucester and Cheltenham.
We are looking for person to join our Caretaking Team on a full-time basis/permanent. Although based in Cheltenham on one of our campuses you will be expected to work across the University estate as necessary.
You will be a flexible team player, with initiative to complete tasks within deadlines and be able to communicate with a diverse group of staff, students and visitors.
Amongst a range of essential requirements detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification you must be able to demonstrate:
- Your ability to speak, read and write in English and follow verbal and written instructions.
- A proactive attitude and an eye for detail to spot jobs that need doing to keep the campuses looking clean, tidy and safe for all users.
- Competence to carry out a range of general maintenance tasks such as basic repairs to furniture, replacing light bulbs and redecoration.
- Ability to work in a manner that ensures the health and safety of yourself and others.
- Ability to carry out a wide range of manual handling operations.
You will also:
- Hold a full current driving licence
The University offers excellent benefits, full details of which can be found on our website. http://www.glos.ac.uk/jobs/Pages/jobs.aspx
The University understands the benefits of recruiting a diverse range of people and we select the best possible on merit alone.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer, guaranteeing to offer an interview to anyone who meets the definition of disability set out in the Equality Act 2010 and who meets all of the essential criteria contained within the person specification.
For an informal discussion please contact:
Ed Moulding, Assistant Facilities Manager on 01242 714283.
Related Jobs (23)
Clinical Learning Facilitator (Therapeutics) (Torbay) X 2 on May 24, 2018 Part Time
Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in History (United States) on May 15, 2018 Full Time