The post has been created as a result of an exciting and innovative Knowledge Transfer Partnership (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/knowledge-transfer-partnerships-what-they-are-and-how-to-apply) between Replay Maintenance Ltd, www.replaymaintenance.co.uk and the School of Computer Science in the College Science at the University of Lincoln (www.lincoln.ac.uk).
Replay Maintenance Ltd operates across the UK providing maintenance packages to suit every type, age and condition of synthetic sports surface. The customer base includes private owners, Clubs, Schools, Universities, Leisure Centres, Prisons, MOD bases, major Facility Management companies.
We are looking to recruit a Computer Scientist with a strong postgraduate or undergraduate (first class or upper second class) in Computer Science, IT for Business Computer Systems, Statistics and Machine Learning to undertake and manage this 24 month Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP). This project aims to develop a data mining platform to revolutionise synthetic sport surface maintenance practice and principles.
· Proficient in software development, e.g. C#, Python, SQL.
· Knowledge and/or experience of data mining and machine learning
· Knowledge and/or experience of cloud-based databases, e.g., Microsoft Azure/AWS
· Excellent communication and team working skills
The KTP Associate will be employed by the University of Lincoln for 2 years but be based at Replay Maintenance Ltd Head office in Long Bennington and subject to its employment practices and conditions of work. The successful candidate will be supervised both by Replay Maintenance Ltd and the College of Science at the University of Lincoln.
The project will develop a data analytics platform to revolutionise synthetic sport surface maintenance practice and principles. Key project objectives are:
· To develop a novel bespoke software solution that will enable Replay Maintenance Ltd to enhance its service delivery and capture data that can be utilised in a unique offering.
· To complete a review of the current process and system, and understand the data challenges.
· To develop a Cloud based database.
· To develop the state of the art data mining and machine learning algorithms
To manage the 24 month collaboration between the University of Lincoln and Replay Maintenance Ltd.
Related Jobs (20)
Lecturer in 3D Design – Spatial and Interior Design on June 12, 2018 Fixed TermPart Time
Senior Operations & Maintenance Analyst (Desktop Engineer) x2 on June 12, 2018 Full Time
Clinical Senior Research Associate – Cancer Imaging on June 5, 2018 Fixed Term