An Introduction to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Thursday, January 26, 2023
The RSA (Royal Society of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce)
Foster Diversity is pleased to deliver an introduction to equality, diversity and inclusion(EDI).
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) are essential to business success. Organisations are incorporating it into the workplace as an important aspect of business strategy because it can make it more successful from a workforce, reputation, financial and legal perspective.
We believe in empowering people with the fundamental knowledge to; create an engaged workforce, uphold EDI practices and behaviours in the workplace, extend those practices to policies and procedures, and create an inclusive workplace culture where individuals can thrive, participate, and enhance reputation management and profitability.
Join Jo Foster, Founder of Foster Diversity, Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, Manufacturers and Commerce and an accomplished EDI specialist with 12 years of experience, for a morning of learning, networking, and exploring relatable real-world scenarios and practices to instigate vital social change.
- Understand EDI from the most basic yet fundamental level
- Be aware of unconscious biases and stereotypes that negatively impact decision-making and an organisation's reputation.
- Make space for unique perspectives.
- Consider workplace sensitivity.
- Raise awareness of EDI practices and apply them to your organisation.
- Receive terminology around EDI and the distinctions between them.
- Understand why EDI matters.
- Use EDI to manage reputation.
- Create safe spaces for belonging.
Who is the event for?
- Everyone with an interest in EDI.
- L&D and HR professionals.
- EDI champions.
- EDI allies.
- Marketing and Communications professionals.
- Social media managers.
- Network chairs/leads.
- Committee chairs.