Domestic Abuse: International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
Thursday, November 24, 2022
The World Health Organisation estimates 25% of women aged 15-49 years old who have been in a relationship, have suffered physical violence from their partner. This domestic abuse can result in mental and physical health consequences for women, and can even sometimes be fatal. It can also affect the wellbeing of those around, such as children and other family members. Domestic abuse can describe physical and non physical events, such as coercion, manipulation, gaslighting, threating, controlling, and many other behaviours. Also, domestic abuse does not apply only to partners; perpetrators of domestic abuse can be any other family member or close relationship. The Crime Survey for England and Wales estimated in 2020 that 2/3 of people experiencing domestic abuse were women.
November 25th is International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women, and in this webinar we will address how domestic abuse doesn’t remain at home, and as employers, we have a responsibility to support our colleagues who are experiencing domestic abuse. Their experience can also impact the workplace, performance, absence, job security and other individuals in the organisation.
What will you learn
- What is domestic abuse against women?
- How does this impact on the workplace and individuals?
- How to recognise signs of someone experiencing domestic abuse
- Supporting a colleague experiencing domestic abuse
- As employers, what are our responsibilities? – Addressing domestic abuse, obtaining support and creating policies
Who is this for?
- Anyone who’d like to learn more about how to ally women and survivors of domestic abuse
- Inclusion and Diversity managers
- HR professionals
- Change makers
- Network leads
Book Your Place
- You may notice that our events booking process looks a little different! If you are unsure about how to book onto a webinar, click here for an instructional video.
- Inclusive Employers Members can join online or dial in to all webinars, accessing up to five places per member, per webinar, for free – please ensure you are logged in to your Inclusive Employers account to see the free ticket option.
- Non-members can book onto these webinars for £89 + VAT per place, per webinar. Members can purchase extra places, on top of the five free already allocated, at a discounted price of £79 + VAT.
- Alternatively, members and non-members can also buy an in-house package for up to 300 people per webinar, to be run whenever you like. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
- Please note: we do not supply recordings or slides for our webinars to members or non-members unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- If you have any questions about this event or have any accessibility requirements, contact email@example.com.