Ending The Stigma: Let's Talk About Men's Mental Health
Thursday, November 16, 2023
On 19th November, we commemorate International Men’s Day. This is as relevant a time as ever to talk about a topic that is still seen by many as a taboo: men’s mental health.
We know that at any one time, 12.5% of men report having a mental health condition, such as depression or anxiety disorders. By talking about and raising awareness to mental health struggles that men face, we hope to be dismantling some taboos and preconceptions associated with stereotypical views of masculinity, and help improve and even save lives in the process.
This webinar is hosted by Matheus Carvalho and Sharon Cooper, both I&D experts from Inclusive Employers.
Matheus Carvalho leads on Inclusive Leadership training and on Global Inclusion strategies and training. Originally from Brazil, Matheus has been living in Europe for over 11 years. During this time, he has completed an MBA with the University of Wales and was a Learning and Development Advisor for The Walt Disney Company, where he also co-chaired their LGBTQ+ network. Find out more about Matheus.
Sharon Cooper joined Inclusive Employers in July 2021 and brought with her 21 years of implementing meaningful learning interventions. With over 11 years experience of working in the Housing Sector in the UKs first Mutual Housing Association, Sharon had led on various innovative cultural and leadership programmes all designed to help colleagues be their best self at work and deliver the best service possible to their customers. Find out more about Sharon.
What will you learn
We explore the intersectional issues surrounding men’s mental health and well-being. In addition we will look at practical steps to create a supportive culture which is:
- Well informed about mental health issues
- Psychologically safe, enabling people to be open about their health issues without fear of stigma
- Supports and enhances everyone’s mental health in the workplace
Who is this for?
- Level – Intermediate
- Whole staff team
Related Awareness Event
International Men’s Day – 19th November 2023
Book Your Place Here
- If you are an Inclusive Employers Member please log in to access your five free places.
- In-house training is available for this and many other inclusion topics. Get in touch and we’d be happy to discuss your requirements.
- If you have any questions about this event or have any accessibility requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note: we do not typically supply recordings or slides for our webinars.