Inclusive Sport: Religion, belief and cultural awareness
Wednesday, February 22, 2023
Many of the world’s conflicts are rooted in intolerance and prejudice arising from differences in religion and culture.
The Sport England Active Lives Adult Survey (2021) shows that participation in sport and physical activity is higher among certain faith groups. For example, amongst those practising a religion, those who are Buddhist, Christian, Jewish or Sikh are more likely to be physically active. In contrast, activity levels are lowest amongst those who practise Islam. Alongside this, those with no faith are significantly more likely to participate in sport and physical activity than those who practice.
With this in mind, this webinar will explore how organisations can become more aware of the barriers to engagement experienced by different religious and cultural communities and how to overcome these.
What will you learn
- Data on the participation of people from different religious groups in sport and physical activity
- Barriers (both systemic and structural) and challenges that hinder the engagement of religiously diverse communities
- How to create meaningful connections with diverse communities and empower those who have traditionally been under-served
Who is this for?
- Anyone with an interest in learning more about religion, faith and cultural differences in the sport sector
- Sport sector I&D professionals
- Sport sector leaders
Book Your Place
- If you are unsure about how to book onto a webinar, click here for an instructional video.
- Inclusive Employers Members can join online or dial in to all webinars, accessing up to five places per member, per webinar, for free – please ensure you are logged in to your Inclusive Employers account to see the free ticket option.
- Non-members can book onto these webinars for £49 + VAT per place, per webinar. Members can purchase extra places, on top of the five free already allocated, at a discounted price of £39 + VAT.
- Alternatively, members and non-members can also buy an in-house package for up to 300 people per webinar, to be run whenever you like. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
- Please note: we do not supply recordings or slides for our webinars to members or non-members unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- If you have any questions about this event or have any accessibility requirements, contact email@example.com.