Tuesday, April 25, 2023
The scrapping of the default retirement age in 2011 and the investment in the apprenticeship levy in 2017 has meant workforces are more likely than ever to be intergenerational: made up of five generations working together.
Age diversity presents challenges relating to understanding difference because every generation thinks differently, is interested in different issues and motivated by different things, but it can be easy to forget this in the workplace. By supporting you to understand these different dynamics, Inclusive Employers can enable you to maximise the performance of your intergenerational workforce.
This webinar is hosted by Carol Buchanan, I&D expert from Inclusive Employers.
Carol is an inclusion and diversity expert with over 15 years’ experience in HR Specialist roles. Before joining Inclusive Employers, Carol led inclusion and diversity in a large FTSE 100 organisation. Carol specialises in organisational culture and behavioural change and is also an experienced leadership coach. Find out more about Carol.
What will you learn
- The characteristics of the different generations in the workplace today;
- How managers need to adapt their style to get the best out of generations other than their own;
- What needs to be considered on a strategic level to maximise performance across all generations;
- Best practice strategies for managing an age diverse workforce.
Who is this for?
- Level – Intermediate
- Inclusion and diversity professionals
- Line managers
- HR managers
- Whole staff team
Related Awareness Event
Global Intergenerational Week 24th-30th Apr.
Book Your Place
- You may notice that our events booking process looks a little different! If you are unsure about how to book onto a webinar, click here for an instructional video.
- Inclusive Employers Members can join online or dial in to all webinars, accessing up to five places per member, per webinar, for free – please ensure you are logged in to your Inclusive Employers account to see the free ticket option.
- Non-members can book onto these webinars for £89 + VAT per place, per webinar. Members can purchase extra places, on top of the five free already allocated, at a discounted price of £79 + VAT.
- Alternatively, members and non-members can also buy an in-house package for up to 300 people per webinar, to be run whenever you like. Email email@example.com to enquire.
- Please note: we do not supply recordings or slides for our webinars to members or non-members unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- If you have any questions about this event or have any accessibility requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.