Passover: The Festival of Liberation
Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Passover (or Pesach in Hebrew) is a major Jewish festival celebrating the liberation of the Jewish people from slavery in Egypt more than 3,000 years ago.
This webinar will focus on the history and symbolism of the festival, some of the main ways in which it is commemorated and the themes and ideas it highlights which are relevant to all of us today, whatever our religious practice or beliefs.
This webinar is hosted by Ariel Chapman, I&D expert from Inclusive Employers.
Ariel is highly skilled and passionate Senior Inclusion and Diversity Consultant with Inclusive Employers, a writer and a podcaster. He works with organisations to provide training solutions, consultancy and research to support their inclusion journeys. Find out more about Ariel.
What will you learn
- The history and key themes of Passover and why its viewed as such an important festival
- The ways in which Passover is commemorated today
- The way in which the key themes have relevance to contemporary society
- How organisations can support Jewish colleagues in their celebration of Passover and increase understanding and wider awareness around faith practice in the workplace
Who is this for?
- Level – Beginner
- Inclusion and diversity professionals
- Line managers
- Staff network members
- Anyone with an interest in inclusion and promoting wider understanding of difference
Related Awareness Event
Passover 5th-13th Apr.
Book Your Place
- You may notice that our events booking process looks a little different! If you are unsure about how to book onto a webinar, click here for an instructional video.
- Inclusive Employers Members can join online or dial in to all webinars, accessing up to five places per member, per webinar, for free – please ensure you are logged in to your Inclusive Employers account to see the free ticket option.
- Non-members can book onto these webinars for £89 + VAT per place, per webinar. Members can purchase extra places, on top of the five free already allocated, at a discounted price of £79 + VAT.
- Alternatively, members and non-members can also buy an in-house package for up to 300 people per webinar, to be run whenever you like. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
- Please note: we do not supply recordings or slides for our webinars to members or non-members unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- If you have any questions about this event or have any accessibility requirements, contact email@example.com.