Supporting Refugees in your Workplace
Thursday, June 29, 2023
Currently, we are witnessing huge numbers of displaced people and global numbers of refugees are rising with 32.5 million recorded as of mid-2022. Ensuring you have a strategy that allows for employees who are refugees to feel included, safe and heard, should be a priority.
Refugees have much to offer and enrich our workplaces bringing a diverse perspective, skills and knowledge that we, as employers, should aim to nurture to ensure our colleagues feel at their best and can perform at their best. Work can also be a source of community for many new refugees and this can be an important part of their wellbeing and feeling welcome.
This webinar is hosted by Ariel Chapman, I&D expert from Inclusive Employers.
Ariel is highly skilled and passionate Senior Inclusion and Diversity Consultant with Inclusive Employers, a writer and a podcaster. He works with organisations to provide training solutions, consultancy and research to support their inclusion journeys. Find out more about Ariel.
What will you learn
- Who are refugees and what does it mean to be a refugee?
- How colleagues who are refugees can bring so much to our organisations
- Challenges refugee colleagues may face living in a different country
- How we can make sure we provide inclusive workplaces for refugee colleagues to ensure they can work to the best of their abilities
Who is this for?
- Level – Beginner
- Whole staff team
- Line Managers
- Senior Management Team
- HR Departments
Related Awareness Event
Refugee Week 19th-25th Jun.
Book Ticket here
Book Your Place
- If you are an Inclusive Employers Member please log in to access your five free places.
- In-house training is available for this and many other inclusion topics. Get in touch and we’d be happy to discuss your requirements.
- If you have any questions about this event or have any accessibility requirements, contact email@example.com.
- Please note: we do not typically supply recordings or slides for our webinars.