Transgender Day of Remembrance
Monday, November 20, 2023
On Transgender Day of Remembrance (or TDoR as it is otherwise known) takes place at the end of Trans Awareness Week and is an opportunity for the world to pause and remember the lives of those transgender, non-binary and gender non-conforming persons killed in acts of transphobic violence and transphobic related suicide.
This webinar aims to mark the lives lost to violence, make visible the experiences of Trans individuals and to celebrate the every day heroes who choose to be the truest version of themselves. This webinar will offer top tips on how you can contribute to positive experiences for Trans persons through allyship and to help our Trans colleagues feel safe at work.
This webinar is hosted by Courtney Wright and Jason ‘Jace’ Summers, both I&D experts from Inclusive Employers.
Courtney joined the Inclusive Employers team in October 2021, from a Human Resources background, bringing practical experience of implementing diversity, inclusion, engagement and wellbeing initiatives in the charity sector. She has worked closely with Employee Voice Groups and staff networks and champions the value that staff voice can have towards achieving inclusion and diversity aims. Courtney also has a specific interest in social mobility, LGBTQ+ inclusion, ethnicity, and intersectionality. Find out more about Courtney.
Jace found his passion for I&D by helping found and lead an LGBTQ+ employee network in his previous role. Combining this with his experience of openly transitioning at work, Jace focused creating a safe working environment and platforming LGBTQ+ voices in the workplace. He enjoys leading culture change where the wellbeing, sustainable growth, and career development are a focus. Find out more about Jason.
What will you learn
- What Transgender Day of Remembrance is and why we commemorate it.
- Understand more about gender identity and what identifying as Transgender means.
- Understand how to support Trans people and your Trans colleagues.
Who is this for?
- Level – Beginner
- Whole staff team
Related Awareness Event
Transgender Day of Remembrance – 20th November 2023
Book Your Place Here
- If you are an Inclusive Employers Member please log in to access your five free places.
- In-house training is available for this and many other inclusion topics. Get in touch and we’d be happy to discuss your requirements.
- If you have any questions about this event or have any accessibility requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note: we do not typically supply recordings or slides for our webinars.