Understanding and Challenging Islamophobia
Thursday, November 9, 2023
Islamophobia is prevalent in the UK today. It can come in the form of microaggressions to hate crimes, including stereotyping, bullying, verbal comments, discrimination, barriers to employment, inaccessible policies, harmful media portrayal, physical violence and in many other ways.
This November, Islamophobia Awareness Month, we’d like to highlight and raise awareness of what our Muslim colleagues are facing on a daily basis and how to empathise, support and ally them so that we can create an inclusive workplace for all.
This webinar is hosted by Farhanah Iqbal, I&D expert from Inclusive Employers.
Farhanah brings over 12 years of experience from the mental health sector, specialising in crisis management; as well as specialist I&D roles across the voluntary care sector, criminal justice sector and in higher education. Farhanah’s focus is on compassionate communication and championing diversity of thought to embed cultural transformation. Her particular interests are in mental health, racial justice and intercultural education. Find out more about Farhanah.
What will you learn
- Defining Islamophobia: Islamophobia Awareness Month
- Understanding the cause and impact of Islamophobia
- Challenging Islamophobia in the workplace
Who is this for?
- Level – Beginner / Intermediate
- Whole staff team
Related Awareness Event
Book Your Place Here
- If you are an Inclusive Employers Member please log in to access your five free places.
- In-house training is available for this and many other inclusion topics. Get in touch and we’d be happy to discuss your requirements.
- If you have any questions about this event or have any accessibility requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note: we do not typically supply recordings or slides for our webinars.