Workplace Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and The Role of Flexible Working
Monday, October 23, 2023
Strathclyde Business School, Glasgow
Join us for a free Knowledge into Practice event co-hosted by the PrOPEL Hub and Flexibility Works for a morning of insights, discussion and activities followed by a networking lunch!
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) has become an important consideration for all organisations regardless of size or sector, however it can be a tricky area to navigate with lots of contradictory ideas and advice available.
At this in person event, hosted at the University of Strathclyde, we will share findings from EDI research we have conducted with a focus on women in traditionally male dominated sectors, including what the research says about popular initiatives in the area as well as practical examples from case study organisations. We will then explore the key role that flexible working has to play in enhancing EDI and what this could look like in your organisation.
The event is designed to be of interest to leaders and HR/people managers but anyone with an interest in EDI and flexible working is very welcome to attend.
What to expect:
- We’ll share research findings from studies including; key challenges, pitfalls to avoid and best practice advice. The focus of the research shared will be on women in traditionally male dominated sectors, however insights are also relevant to EDI more generally.
- We’ll outline success factors and ideas to think about when designing EDI strategies.
- We’ll show how all kinds of flexible working can help all sorts of people manage work alongside other needs and responsibilities.
- We’ll cover the types of flex employers can consider (not just part time and home working) and show how relatively small changes can often make a huge difference for a range of workers including parents and carers, people with a disability or physical or mental health condition and older workers.
- We’ll also show that being upfront about the flex you can offer in job adverts and recruitment can help you recruit quality candidates from a wider talent pool.
- You will have the opportunity to share your own practices and learn what works for other attendees.
- Finally, you are invited to join us for a free networking lunch to continue sharing ideas and insights.
For a range of useful resources on people management more generally and details of other upcoming events, head to the PrOPEL Hub, follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn, subscribe to our mailing list or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Register for event Here