<p class="p1" style="background: none 0% 0% / auto repeat scroll Manchester Teaching School Alliance is a group of Manchester schools led by Chorlton Park Primary School and Brookburn Primary Teaching Schools. The alliance was formed to deliver high quality training and professional development for teachers and leaders at all stages of their career.
Our partners are Chorlton Park, Manley Park, Brookburn, Barlow Hall, Beaver Road, Chorlton CE, St John's, St Mary's RC (Levenshulme) and Chorlton High School.
We have a history of working collaboratively within a cluster of schools as well as through many partnership projects, therefore forming the Manchester Teaching School Alliance was a natural next step for the group.
The alliance builds on the unique strengths of each of its founding partners. Chorlton High School has a wealth of experience in initial teacher training provision, having previously been a training school. The partner primary schools can offer support to deliver high quality teaching, learning and leadership development and particular expertise via our successful Every Child a Reader model. We offer a continuously evolving professional development programme specifically to deliver ‘exceptional' quality in teaching. We are particularly proud of our professional network learning opportunities which form part of our membership offer to schools.
Running through our wide-ranging programme of activities is a shared strategic vision which reflects our values and purpose. Each partner establishment has made a commitment to this vision, which we call Changing Lives.
Manchester Teaching School Alliance is committed to:
Developing good citizens
Promoting excellent teaching
Focusing on performance
Providing public value
We will help all our pupils to:
Achieve academic success and maximise their academic potential
Participate in experiences for success in life
Develop knowledge, understanding and skills for success in life
Teaching school alliances must have the experience, leadership and capacity to support schools in key areas:
1. Initial Teacher Training lead role in recruiting and training new entrants to the profession
2. Continuing Professional Development peer-to-peer professional and leadership development
3. Leadership & Talent Management identify and develop leadership potential
4. School to School Support provide support for other schools
5. Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) designate and broker specialist leaders of education for commissioning in local schools
6. Research and Development engage and lead in educational research