Assistant Finance Business Partner
- Job Reference: UOS040025
- Date Posted: 6 February 2024
- Recruiter: The University of Sheffield
- Website: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs
- Location: Hybrid working, Arts Tower 4th Floor or Addison building and remote working
- Salary: £30,487 to £34,980
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services, Higher Education
- Job Type: Full Time
Do you have knowledge of financial procedures and accounting concepts? Are you able to analyse, interpret and communicate financial data? You could be who we are looking for!
Our vision is to be one of the best Universities in the world, renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of both its research and its research-led learning and teaching.
The Department of Finance provides a wide range of financial support across the whole University. The Faculty Finance teams provide advice and support to the Faculty which they are aligned to, covering departmental expenditure, budgets and all project activities.
We are currently looking to recruit to two Grade 6 positions – one in the Professional Services and Cross Cutting team and one in the Faculty of Science Finance team.
The role involves provision of sound financial advice and support direct to departments. We want you to ensure the effective management and monitoring of a range of departmental funds. This includes the use of the Faculty’s core budget and external projects, both research and other sources of funding. Duties include:-
● the provision of financial information and advice, drawing on a sound proven understanding of central operations
● ensuring external funding achieves the objectives specified by the sponsor’s terms and conditions
● operational understanding of specific departmental and /or faculty practices with the objective of helping improve the efficiency of financial administration within the Faculty.
We are looking for:-
● a hardworking, pro-active hands-on finance professional
● someone comfortable getting involved with various areas of University finance relating to departments and faculty
● someone who is happy working with both non-financial academic colleagues as well as finance colleagues.
We’re one of the best not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK. The University’s total reward package includes a competitive salary, a generous pension scheme and annual leave entitlement, as well as access to a range of learning and development courses to support your personal and professional development.
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
To find out what makes the University of Sheffield a remarkable place to work, watch this short film: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LblLk18zmo, and follow @sheffielduni and @UniOfSheffJobs on Twitter for more information.
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top left of your screen.