Assistant Project Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to join the University of Sheffield’s Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre, within the Design and Prototyping Group. The DPG has, for over a decade, delivered high quality design solutions across multiple sectors and with a diverse range of subject areas.
You will be using your existing skills and experience to help deliver research projects, working with integrated project teams; built specifically to fulfil the goals of the project and meet the requirements of the Customer.
As an Assistant Project Manager, you will have experience in delivering projects and supporting in larger schemes of work. You will need to have excellent organisational skills combined with effective communication abilities. The role requires an organised and proactive approach. Further training opportunities are readily available, and a culture of education and progression is paramount. You will work in a well-established team of project professionals.
Specifically for this role, you will have:
• Experience of working in a Project delivery role, ideally supporting the delivery of project work.
• Creating and maintaining project plans and effective task scoping, estimating and scheduling.
• Strong communication skills.
• The ability to support Project Managers and Senior Project Managers as and when required.
• The skills to recognise, plan for and react to changing project parameters.
What We Offer:
● 38 days annual leave (including closure days and Bank Holidays), with the possibility to purchase up to ten additional days.
● Up to 5 days of paid time off to cover emergency caring responsibilities.
● A commitment to work life balance including, flexible working opportunities and hybrid working where possible.
● A highly competitive pension scheme.
● Discounts at participating shops and cinemas, and a cycle to work scheme.
● A commitment to your development, with programmes, learning modules and mentoring schemes.
● An inclusive and diverse workplace.
● A commitment to your wellbeing, with confidential emotional support, support for those going through the menopause, experiencing fertility treatment, and having a baby, paid leave for IVF treatment and more.
Further information can be found at https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs/benefits
About the Team:
The Design and Prototyping Group is located in a custom-built design studio, part of the University of Sheffield Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC), a cluster of world-class centres for research into advanced manufacturing technologies used in the aerospace, power generation, medical and other high value manufacturing sectors. The cluster has a global reputation for helping companies overcome manufacturing problems and has become a model for collaborative research involving universities, academics, and industry, worldwide.
About the University:
We’re one of the best not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK. The University’s Total Reward Package includes a competitive salary, a generous Pension Scheme and annual leave entitlement, as well as access to a range of learning and development courses to support your personal and professional development.
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
To find out what makes the University of Sheffield a remarkable place to work, watch this short film: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LblLk18zmo, and follow @sheffielduni and @ShefUniJobs on Twitter for more information
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top left of your screen.