Birmingham, West Midlands
c£50,000 Plus 26 Days’ Holiday, Option To Buy Up To Five Days’ Extra Annual Leave, Flexible Working, Civil Service Pension, Additional Benefits Package
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly and we work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are now seeking a Board Secretary to play a key role at the highest levels of the Commission.
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives. It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As the Board Secretary, you will provide support to the Gambling Commission board members, keeping them appraised of updates and developments within the organisation and suggesting actions.
Maintaining close relationships with the Chairman, Committee Chairs and the wider Board of Commissioners, you will influence board actions and will provide a reactive support function.
Leading the day-to-day management of the Governance function, you will ensure meetings are appropriately recorded, defined SLAs are achieved, and SOPs for core governance processes are created. You will seek to improve the standard of paper produced for meetings as well as the governance framework and structures.
Additionally, you will:
– Take ownership of the complaints process
– Lead, coach and manage a small team of Governance Managers and the Executive PA to the Board
– Lead the project to provide a holistic review of the Governance function
– Support the Chief People Officer in the review of Board Members
To be considered for this role, you will need:
– To be an experienced governance professional, or have demonstrable evidence of delivery against the responsibilities outlined
– To be capable of balancing both strategic and operational governance priorities, in order to deliver against both categories of responsibility
– The ability to secure the confidence of senior internal stakeholders across an organisation
– A track record of success in supporting and developing colleagues
Resilient and proactive, as the Board Secretary, you will need gravitas, outstanding communication skills and strong problem-solving abilities.
The closing date for applications is the 20th March 2019.
To apply for the role of Board Secretary, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Related Jobs (11)
IT Business Analyst Apprentice – Level 4 Apprenticeship on March 5, 2019 Apprenticeship