The Corporate Development Officer works as part of the Corporate Development Team within the Development Department which fundraises for The Old Vic Theatre Company and The Old Vic Theatre Trust, which is a registered charity. Across the team, our aim is to raise voluntary funds for the theatre from individuals, companies and charitable trusts and foundations.
The department consists of the following staff: Two Co-Directors of Development, Associate Director of Trusts and Foundations, Trusts and Foundations Officer, Head of Corporate Development, Corporate Projects Manager, Head of Philanthropy, Head of Individual Giving, Senior Individual Giving Manager, Individual Giving Officer, Head of Events and the Development Events Assistant.
The Old Vic is one of the only theatres in London with such scale, scope and international reputation to operate as a registered charity, receiving no regular public subsidy. The Development Team currently raises around £3.5 million each year in revenue fundraising.
Looking ahead, as well as continuing our re-opening campaign, we have a bold and ambitious £14.9m capital campaign to create a vibrant, creative hub to house and expand the reach of our education and social mobility programmes. The impact of this project on the theatre’s sustainability and influence will be far-reaching.
Purpose of job
To offer administrative support on the day to day running of the Corporate Team, and to aid the Team in maintaining and enhancing member/sponsor relationships through outstanding customer service and stewardship. Additionally, to play a key role in meeting corporate revenue targets for The Old Vic by managing an agreed portfolio of corporate accounts and seeking new business, where appropriate.
Areas of Responsibility
- To manage the day to day administration of the stewardship of all The Old Vic’s Corporate Sponsors/Members, including top-tier partners, all ticket requests, client events, table reservations, drinks tabs, tours, site visits and benefit delivery.
- Build strong professional relationships with all partners and day-to-day contacts ensuring, with the Corporate Development Team, that supporters and their staff are kept up to date with regular and relevant news from the theatre.
- Working with the Corporate Development Team and wider organisation, to draft and collate evaluation reports and supporting materials for Corporate Supporters, including top tier partners’ quarterly meeting reports.
- Lead on seeking approvals on supporter artwork, ensuring branding is in line with the contractual agreements and membership benefits.
- Assist the Co-Director of Development and Head of Corporate Development to draft agreements, implement and track delivery of benefits under such agreements.
- Request and process invoices and monitor payment schedules of corporate supporters.
- Effectively track and sign off catering invoices for clients, facilitator invoices and internal recharges.
Account Management & New Business
- To act as account manager on a portfolio of agreed relationships; to provide, track and administrate all the agreed services and benefits to these clients and deliver outstanding stewardship to secure renewal.
- To effectively identify new prospects for corporate partnerships, present a well-researched and strategic commercial offer and support the team in securing new business income, researching and pipeline development.
- Undertake research to identify corporate prospects and provide profiles and briefing notes to Co-Director of Development and the Head of Corporate Development from which the team can implement approaches.
- Identify and deliver mid and long-term partnership plans for our supporters to retain our them over multiple years. You will also look to identify and deliver opportunities for income growth for supporters across other areas of corporate partnerships (sponsorship, ESG, training).
- To support effective new business approaches through networking at events, meetings, phone calls, pitches and presentations to secure support.
- To ensure you are adequately skilled up and informed across all fundraising sectors and opportunities to contribute to overarching departmental aims and financial targets.
- To work with the Head of Corporate Development to implement appropriate KPIs across your personal targets to track progress and maximise efficiency and profitability.
Research, Database & Communications
- To undertake research on both current and prospective Corporate Sponsors/Members, writing new prospect profiles and together with the Corporate Development Team, retain and increase support and generate and convert new prospects.
- Carry out research including benchmarking of corporate giving within other venues, and keep up–to-date research on The Old Vic Corporate Supporters’ giving elsewhere.
- To manage all corporate ticket requests on Tessitura, including; holds, bookings, and processing of payments.
- Log and keep up to date, all supporter and prospect details and contacts on The Old Vic’s database, Tessitura.
- To lead on the drafting of communications going out to Corporate supporters including event invitations, season announcements, priority booking periods, approaches, and any other communications needed.
- To assist in drafting and editing of corporate information on our website and ensuring that supporters are credited in line with the agreed policy and their level of contribution.
- Ensure that crediting of all corporate supporters are correct in Old Vic programmes, front of house panels and annual review.
Internal and External Events
- To liaise with the Head of Events and clients to deliver all client and internal events for the Corporate Team at the highest standard.
- To support the Head of Corporate Development in Corporate Training events through contracting and facilitator communications.
- To oversee all catering arrangements, ticketing, seating plans, space availability checks, sourcing of training materials for all Corporate Member/Sponsor/Training events.
- To oversee the compilation of invitation design and approval, including drafting invitation copy, compiling invite lists, and emailing of invitations.
- To send all invites, manage and respond to RSVPs, sending joining instructions to appropriate guests in advance of each internal event and recording attendance on Tessitura.
- To compile briefing notes for guests attending internal events.
- To oversee the design and timely delivery of programme wraps for sponsor events, liaising with The Old Vic’s Design Team, external printers and the client.
- To attend and assist at regular supporter events, taking an active role in event delivery and networking with guests, with additional hours as necessary.
Assisting the Head of Corporate Development
- To work closely with the Head of Corporate Development to support them in all aspects of implementation of the Corporate Development Strategy and diversifying of income streams for The Old Vic.
- To contribute to the compiling of projections, budgets and business plans in relation to the Corporate team.
- To offer administrative support on the day to day running of the Corporate Team including some diary management, meeting set up, arranging couriers and taking minutes at meetings as required.
- To carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by the Head of Corporate Development and Co-Directors of Development.