Departmental Operations Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual with high-level customer support skills and experience of providing general administrative support to a wide range of staff.
Educated to GCSE level or equivalent you will have a strong commitment to customer service and student support. You will use your excellent organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines to provide a high level of support for all students and staff.
You will be responsible for a wide range of general office administrative duties to support the day-to-day operation of the Department and provide general departmental administration support.
What We Offer
● 38 days annual leave (including closure days and Bank Holidays), with the possibility to purchase up to ten additional days.
● Up to 5 days of paid time off to cover emergency caring responsibilities.
● A commitment to work life balance including, flexible working opportunities and hybrid working where possible.
● A highly competitive pension scheme.
● Discounts at participating shops and cinemas, and a cycle to work scheme.
● A commitment to your development, with programmes, learning modules and mentoring schemes.
● An inclusive and diverse workplace.
● A commitment to your wellbeing, with confidential emotional support, support for those going through the menopause, experiencing fertility treatment and having a baby, paid leave for IVF treatment and more.
We are committed to exploring flexible working opportunities which benefit the individual and University.
We’re one of the best not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK. The University’s Total Reward Package includes a competitive salary, a generous Pension Scheme and annual leave entitlement, as well as access to a range of learning and development courses to support your personal and professional development.
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
Follow @sheffielduni and @UniOfSheffJobs on Twitter for more information.
How to Apply
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top left of your screen.