HMRC is one of the largest employers in the public sector, with over 67,000 employees. We have one of the biggest HR functions in government and it is our ambition is to be the best HR function in the public sector.
Building your career in HR in HMRC will give you access to one of the largest and most dynamic networks of HR professionals in government. It will also offer you an unrivalled variety of HR roles to choose from.
What do we do?
The Resourcing Performance & Insights team has a significant role to ensure that HMRC puts the customer first, we want to constantly improve the experience for applicants and vacancy holders. We also have a key governance function within a wide range of HMRC recruitment processes, making certain that the Departments’ recruitment meets our strategic needs.
The team works with HMRC’s recruitment suppliers and centrally manages the contracts held with these suppliers, meaning we can enhance the service our customers receive.
Do you want to make a difference?
As a Digital Support Advisor you will perform a critical role in transforming the way the Resourcing Performance & Insights team works, proactively seeking out areas that value can be added through the use of technology or streamlined processes.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to put your stamp on the way HMRC manages its recruitment, to make high profile, high value changes that have the scope to provide positive outcomes for tens of thousands of prospective job applicants.
Using your communication skills, you will develop a diverse network of HR stakeholders to enable you to support the team to provide an excellent service.
You will need to show attention to detail, maintaining accurate information to support and enable effective decision-making, which is at the heart of our teams’ function.
You can expect to be:
- Identifying capability gaps, – working together across the team to raise awareness and embed digital capability
- The digital authority in the team and will seek opportunities to share expertise, contribute and grow digital capability across the recruitment function
- Seeking ways in which digital technology can bring new and valuable benefits
- Endeavouring to find new ways for you, your team and those around you to be agile and inventive in your approach to rapid problem solving
- Maintaining information in an accurate and efficient way to enable the team to carry out its various decision-making functions
- Developing and maintaining key working relationships across HR as well as with our external customers
- Helping to provide a supportive team environment, enabling the team to perform at a consistently high standard
You must be able to evidence an aptitude for and understanding of how the effective use of technology is critical to improving performance (Application).
Understanding of Microsoft cloud services (specifically Office 365)