In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Explore career opportunities at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world’s leading off-price retailer of clothing and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; TK Maxx in Australia; TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2016, TJX had over $35 billion in sales, more than 3,800 shops and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
You’ve probably heard of TK Maxx and Homesense, but you might not know that behind these brands is TJX Europe, part of The TJX Companies, Inc. TJX is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashion. In Europe, we have a team of approximately 38,000 employees, over 600 stores, and our e-commerce site, tkmaxx.com.
We are a dynamic and diverse organisation, and we love growing and developing talent therefore if you join us for our Apprenticeship programme, we’ll be doing that for you from the moment you step through the door.
Discovery is at the centre of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores. We are part of the TJX Family which includes TK Maxx, and Homesense in Europe and the UK and across the rest of the world you will find us as TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra and Winners. With variety comes plenty of surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself.
Are you ready to Discover Different?
What you’ll discover
- Inclusive culture and career growth opportunities
- Global Organisation which collaborates across U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia, click here to learn more
- Challenging, collaborative, and team-based environment
What you’ll do
Our Property team is responsible for finding new and attractive sites for the business to expand its portfolio, whilst maintaining and developing existing sites. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join our Property Estates team assisting with property management and professional matters on a nationwide basis whilst studying toward their professional degree and RICS qualification.
Working with Estates team you will have the opportunity to:
General Administrative Dutie
- Assist Property Accountant in reviewing and processing rent/service charge/business rates payments.
- Update property diary/database with break dates and notice periods.
- Working as part of a team generally to include general office administrative duties.
Property Management Duties:
- Monitor the property estates email inbox in relation to landlord inspections, information requests, and Service Channel repair requests
- Reviewing leases to gain understanding of repair clauses and obligations and advising internal teams accordingly.
- Liaise with Facilities with regards to repairing obligations, complex and often long-term property management issues, and contact landlords to resolve matters.
- Assist in management of Dilapidation Schedules including those on sub-tenants (including interim schedules).
- Carrying out store visits, meeting with Store Managers, District Managers, Regional Managers & Retail Operations to help build proactive relationships.
- Help provide updates to the Business on property matters that will or have affected stores.
- Assist in obtaining landlord consents in respect of alterations or other lease matters.
- Assist in monitoring of business rates appeals and prepare settlement reports.
- Liaise and attend quarterly/monthly meetings with the external Business Rates and Service Charge Advisors.
- Assist in the management of the sublet estate.
Lease Renewals and Rent Reviews:
- Respond to requests for comparable evidence from other retailers and agents
- Assist Estate Managers with collection of comparable evidence
- Prepare analysis sheets
- Review lease documentation to gain understanding of lease terminology.
- Assist in measurement of units involving site visits.
- Maintaining and updating rent review and lease renewal schedules
- Assist with preparation of board papers
What you’ll need
- A level – BCC to BBB (104 to 120 UCAS Tariff points)
- International Baccalaureate – 104 to 120 UCAS Tariff points from the IB
- BTEC Extended Diploma – DMM to DDM
- BTEC Diploma – D
- Access – 104 to 120 UCAS Tariff points from the Access course
- In addition to one of the above, you should have:
- GCSE English Language grade 4/C – IB grade 4 Higher level, GCSE Math grade 4/C – IB grade 4
- Personal level of ambition in developing a career within the Property Department upon graduation
- Commitment to the Estates Degree and RICS APC programmes from start to finish.
- Previous retail experience would be considered beneficial
- Potential for strong commercial awareness
- Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail
- Desire to learn good time management skills with the ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong IT skills including use of Microsoft packages and other bespoke products
- Be a team player, understanding priorities and workload of other departments
- Solid communication and networking skills at all levels with a desire to develop a reputation within the business and wider Property market.
- Positive and upbeat
- Love the brand as much as we do!
If you’re looking for an unforgettable journey. The chance of something huge. Something global. A Real Estate Degree Apprenticeship with TJX Europe is where it can all begin. Join us and Discover Different at TJX, click here to learn more.
Come and Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding the greatest deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritise the important things like competitive salaries, solid benefits, and plenty of room to grow in your role. It’s our way of empowering you to make your career here.
Apply now to be part of our September 2022 intake.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, or belief and/or sexual orientation.
As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger, and be part of our future.