Art Fund is the national fundraising charity for art. We believe that art can make you see, think and feel differently, and through our work we help make art more accessible to as many visitors as possible, wherever they are. We give grants to help museums and galleries acquire works of art for their collections, share them with wide audiences, and support the training and professional development of curators. We are supported by our growing membership of 130,000 through the National Art Pass, as well as the generosity of many trusts, foundations and other individuals.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Finance and Resources team in the role of Finance Coordinator. The successful candidate will support our day-to-day finance operations, especially around maintaining our general ledger postings, taking ownership of our sales and purchase ledgers and cash handling processes. Full training will be provided although experience of working within a finance department will be essential. We are looking for a pro-active, professional and personable individual who has a flexible and enthusiastic outlook. Outstanding organisational skills and close attention to detail will be crucial.
Key Employee Benefits
- Generous Annual leave– 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, with additional non-contractual office closure dates at Christmas.
- Flexible approach to hybrid working
- Free National Art Pass (NAP) - for yourself + another person of your choice.
- Free Entry to Exhibitions
- Life Assurance - cover for up to three times your basic salary.
- Season Ticket Loan
- Pensions - Eligible employees are enrolled into the scheme with the exception of those who have contracts of three months or less. Art Fund contributes 8% of the basic annual salary during the first six months of employment or until probation is successfully completed, whichever is the later. At that point the contribution is increased to 10%.
App. Deadline: 29 June 2022
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website to complete your application for this position.
We are committed to building our team and trustees from the broad range of backgrounds and experiences across the UK, valuing difference and diversity, and building a workplace based on shared values of equality and mutual respect.
We have ambitious plans for the future and will be holding ourselves to account and putting our principles into action, as we all work together to help bring about positive change and a fairer future for everyone. We therefore want to encourage applications from all races, ages, religions and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with any kind of disabilities and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our organisation.
This post is London-based. Non-UK nationals will require current and valid permission to work in the UK.
We are currently operating a hybrid working model which requires full time employees to attend the office a minimum of 2 days per week (pro-rata’d for part time employees). This is subject to review in January 2023 and may change.