Do you have a passion for food and want to be at the forefront of food distribution in North London?
From August 1st 2022, Groundwork London will be managing and coordinating a Borough Food Hub in North East London. We will be responsible for the distribution of food, to organisations, such as foodbanks, community kitchens and shelters who then redistribute food to those in need across the Borough. This essential service will ensure foodbanks have the ability to provide sufficient, safe and nutritious food to all those who use their services, whilst also diverting food away from the waste cycle.
The Food Hub Officer will work within a wider team to lead the day-to-day operations at the hub, including:
- Organise surplus food deliveries and food collections from food banks.
- Monitor food stock levels to inform purchasing of ambient and fresh food.
- Collect surplus food from partner organisations and make food deliveries using Food Hub vehicle and other sustainable transport methods.
- Uphold site safety and cleanliness procedures at all times, with a focus on food safety and hygiene standards.
- Lead the processing and redirection of surplus food within our network.
Food Hubs are fast paced environments with emerging and changing priorities. The successful postholder will be a self-starter, be reliable and hardworking. You will be interested in food sustainability and working collaboratively to support North London communities. The post will work alongside and coordinate volunteers and support the network.
This role is physically demanding and will involve regular lifting and moving goods. Full training in manual handling and use of front end loading equipment will be provided.
Please contact us if you are:
- Passionate about surplus food distribution and working/volunteering on food or community projects.
- Experienced in practical warehouse skills, such as picking, stock rotation and stock ordering.
- Proactive with a can-do attitude and ability to work in a team.
- Good customer service skills and communication.
- Able to prioritise in a fast-paced working environment.
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate to start near to 1st August 2022.
We will be shortlisting and interviewing candidates in stages, as applications are received for the role, so the vacancy may be filled before the closing date.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Friday 22nd July, 2022
Interview date: Throughout recruitment period. Interviews will be held online and at Groundwork Hackney Office.
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website to complete your application for this position.
Appointment to this role is subject to the appropriate records check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Groundwork London is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community.
No agencies please.