Birmingham, West Midlands
c£27,000 Plus 26 Days’ Holiday, Option To Buy Up To Five Days’ Extra Annual Leave, Flexible Working, Civil Service Pension, Additional Benefits Package
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly and we work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are now looking for a Gambling Market Analyst to provide enhanced insight into our industry and enable a better understanding of how we can support consumers.
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives. It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As a Gambling Market Analyst, you will join our Insight Team and help us to better understand the fast-paced, multifaceted, modern gambling industry. We operate on a global scale with consumers from all over the world and the business challenges and opportunities that brings.
You will translate understanding into insights that have a positive consumer impact and support the publication of extensive data insight.
Your role will include:
– Asking the tough questions and disseminating the answers
– Following your curiosity and helping to shape our work
– Acting as an internal consultant and determining where our focus needs to be
– Making sure everyone across the Commission has the latest information and is enabled to continue making a real difference to the public
So, is this the role for you? If so, you will need:
– Experience of horizon scanning, developing an understanding of innovation and changes to the market and understanding the impacts these changes may have on the market and the regulatory environment
– Experience of continually developing an in-depth understanding of relevant parts of the gambling market, both in terms of your own knowledge and the knowledge of other colleagues
– Good written, oral and presentation skills
– Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
– Analytical skills
Articulate and analytical, as a Gambling Marketing Analyst, you will need to be able to engage with stakeholders right across the business and contribute to collaborative team knowledge. Strong documentation and information management skills are also key.
The closing date for this role is the 24th February 2019.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Related Jobs (8)
Executive Officer Intelligence Analyst – NEWCASTLE on November 8, 2018 Full Time