We have an exciting opportunity for a Growth Development Officer tojoin our team on a full time, permanent basis. You will be homebasedbut covering the Midlands area.
As Scouts, we believe inempowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people todo more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. Wecelebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We’re a worldwidemovement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the Growth Development Officer-Midlands role:
To support, instigate and deliver focussed growth projectsand plans across the Region as agreed by the Area Growth and DevelopmentManager. Also to initially provide high quality and proactive support toprepare key line managers (specifically District and County Commissioners) toundertake their roles effectively and thereafter throughout their term of appointment.
What will you be doing?
– Support and work in partnership with DistrictCommissioners, Group Scout Leaders and other volunteers to achieveorganisational growth.
– Open new scouting units in line with the project plan,and using local knowledge, contribute to the ongoing development of the projectplan as needed.
– Enable and motivate local Scouting to devise, apply andrefresh focussed, sustainable growth plans in existing and new provision (inline with the Association’s agreed Growth Strategy and using the agreedworkbank model).
– Advise and support local Scouting upon the retentionand recruitment of adult volunteers.
– Undertake and/or support the induction of DistrictCommissioners (and Group Scout Leaders where appropriate).
– Advise, support and encourage Scouting to engage withcommunities currently under-represented in Scouting and provide Scouting forthem.
– Help develop and deliver training, events andactivities within and outside the Region(s), designed to support Scouting andpromote local growth and development.
– Help identify, create and design new tools andresources to support growth and development across the Region(s) and morewidely.
– Liaise with other staff from Scouting Operations andacross headquarters, particularly concerning development and volunteeringissues.
– Represent Headquarters and its Departments in theRegion(s) and in Counties.
– Administer and maintain an effective home based officeand budget.
– Any other duties as may reasonably be required by theNational Regional Services Manager.
What we can offer you as our Growth DevelopmentOfficer-Midlands:
– Shuttle Service to and from Chingford mainlinestation
– Subsidised lunch
– Free parking
– Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
– Life Assurance
– Simply Health Scheme
– Generous Pension Scheme
What we are looking for in our Growth DevelopmentOfficer-Midlands:
– An understanding of most, if not all of the followingissues: rural communities, urban communities, minority ethnic communities,schools, local authority youth and community service, partnership projects.
– Member of The Scout Association or The GuideAssociation as an adult.
– Experience of working with volunteer groups outsideScouting. Work independently of direct supervision.
– Work as part of a team.
– Provide own administrative support.
– Be an effective trainer.
– Be committed to the fundamentals and values ofScouting.
– Be enthusiastic and able to enthuse others.
– Able to operate from home based office accepting theconstraints this places on personal/family life.
– Live in a geographical location to enable effectivemanagement of projects
and liaison with volunteers in the relevant Region.
– Able and willing to work frequent evenings andweekends.
– Able and willing to travel extensively, includingspending frequent nights away from home.
Don’t miss out on theopportunity to join our fantastic team!
Please apply via thefollowing link:
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we arecommitted to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range ofbackgrounds.