ICT Analysts provide a lead technical role in many ICT teams for the delivery of Infrastructure, Applications, Support and Projects.
This advert is for two ICT Analyst vacancies within our ICT Change Team.
This is an exciting time to be part of our Alliance ICT department as we invest in new systems and technologies to modernise policing. Hear more about our digital strategy in this short video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKxgFL2xHlM
Please see the full description of the role’s principal responsibilities on the attached role profile. However the key areas for this team
are as follows:
- Supporting the design, build, test, implement and support software/hardware systems, as requested and authorised to ensure cost effective, reliable and secure systems are available and that meet the requirements of the police service.
- Project managing entire change process including managing user expectations, communicating compliance and / or security restrictions to business owners / end users
- Gathers business & user requirements and translates these into deliverable and supportable ICT solutions.
- Producing test strategies, drafting scripts, carrying out testing and analysing results
- Plan and manage rollouts, configuration and deployment of new versions of networks, systems and services.
- Support the requirements of ICT Managed Services/ 3rd party contracts.
- Ensure that technology solutions meet the business needs of the stakeholders whilst adhering to ICT strategic principles and demonstrating good value for money.
- To ensure that agreed best practices and procedures are followed and that all work is to the required standard and fully documented.
- Continually enhance knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Integrate new technologies to support the Forces objectives, performance and to promote public confidence.
- Project, task and activity management of multiple third parties and internal resources to ensure the successful delivery of new or changed ICT services. Co-ordinate / ensure implementation of major changes or upgrades to services – network upgrades, switch replacement etc.
- Understanding user requirements and selecting appropriate applications, services and hardware to meet them.
Oversee the tasks and activities delegated to junior members of ICT Department.
How to apply:
To apply for this vacancy please download the documents below by selecting the application pack. The individual documents it contains are also attached for a sneak preview if you so desire.
Resourcing@devonandcornwall.pnn.police.uk, (if sending electronically) or Alliance Resourcing, Devon & Cornwall Police, Middlemoor, Exeter, EX2 7HQ (if sending by post) – please note: if you are submitting your application electronically and are successful through the shortlisting process, there will be a requirement for you to sign your application at interview, .
Please note: before submitting an application you MUST read and complete the Ethics and Integrity Policing Principles form
Quick look: Role profile
Quick look: Application Form
Quick look: Job advert
Quick look: Equality monitoring form
Quick look: Positive about disability
The application pack: All you need to complete this application