ITV is the biggest commercial television network in the UK. Behind every famous face, there are hundreds of others, all doing their bit to make things happen. We love telly, we’re passionate about content and most importantly we understand our audiences. As a growing international company, we’re commercially minded and have a global focus. We’re all about pushing the boundaries and being innovative.
This role is to provide first and second line support directly to the end users in a professional and friendly manner; the key aim being to provide a fix to the end user issue at initial contact and failing that take ownership of the issue and work with the relevant support channels whilst maintaining regular communications with the end user until resolved.
The successful applicant will be required to respond to complex problems by proactively
investigating root cause, whilst if necessary delivering workaround for business continuity and ultimately a permanent resolution.
● Take ownership of the issue and provide regular communication of the progress of investigations
and planned solutions to customers, whilst managing their level of expectation.
● Experience of providing direct end user support with excellent customer service skills
● Working on the client site in a direct client facing support role.
● Drive to maximise issue resolution at first point of contact in the “techzone”
● The role holder would be expected to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the clients
technology standards and procedures; sufficient to contribute to their development and
● Working closely with the on-shore and off-shore infrastructure/service desk teams to provide
second line technical support, ensuring assigned calls are responded to, diagnosed and
resolved swiftly and effectively in line with operational and service level agreements. Ensure
outstanding calls are regularly updated to reflect their current status.
● On-site interface for key third parties support teams for incident resolution
● Investigate cause and taking responsibility to provide analysis of reported recurring or persistent
problems. Create standard documentation on problem resolution, fixes and updating the
technical knowledge base, liaising with the service desk and other teams as required.
● Identify appropriate solutions to resolve service incidents and requests.
● Assist remote support teams with incident resolution for any onsite devices.
● Update online familiarisation, FAQ’ and “how to” guides and training material.
● Keep abreast of trends in technology and its application to understand current best practice,
possible alternative solutions and to support technical evaluations.
● Support maintenance, updates and enhancements to work instructions
● Participate in an Out of Hours call out rota to provide remote support for users in multiple client
● Remotely support “priority” incidents to other client locations as part of an enhanced priority
● Work with the on-shore and off-shore infrastructure/service desk teams for problems that affect
the desktop, server or network operating systems within SLA.
● Demonstrate overall initiative and an understanding of the client’s network and an overview of
their business model to ensure efficient and reliable day-to-day operation.
● Other duties as requested by line management as appropriate.
Core capabilities required
● Exceptional customer service and support skills essential.
● Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and own customer issues.
● Experience in deskside support or other user support function.
● In-depth, hands on ‘problem solving’ expertise in desktop hardware, operating systems and software packages – e.g. Apple MacOS and the Google Application Suite, Windows 10 and the MS Office suite; indicated by for example MCP level accreditation.
● A good working knowledge of a wide variety of ICT hardware. e.g. desktops, laptops,
notebooks, Multi Function Printers (MFP) and other peripheral devices. A good
understanding of structured cabling or Wi-Fi connectivity e.g. Cisco routers, switches,
Wireless Access Points (WAP) and managed cabling.
● To provide support for Smartphones, iPads, iPhones etc. Optional expertise
● In-depth, hands on ‘problem solving’ expertise in corporate platform and application delivery. E.g. Citrix client, cloud based Google Applications.
● Certified Diagnostic Engineer status with a primary manufacturer e.g. Apple, HP etc.
● Experience of IT operations support in a media, broadcast and/or TV production
● The possibility of travel to other regional UTV office locations as required in the role, and travel to other ITV sites within the UK.
● Potentially a slightly altered working day between 7am and 6:30pm on a shift pattern.
Other Features of the job
Key Organisational Relationships:
● Liaise with colleagues, utilising their expertise to solve more complex problems or pass on
responsibility to the appropriate on-shore/off-shore team. Whilst maintaining communications
and updates to affect users.
● Continuously look for and facilitate improvements within support.
● Assist other members of the application or infrastructure teams when appropriate to complete tasks within SLA.
● Share information and specialist expertise to support colleagues in the successful delivery of their tasks and assist their professional development.
6 Month FTC
ITV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
“ITV, where creativity, diversity and collaboration put us right at the heart of popular culture.”