A challenging opportunity exists for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who can demonstrate excellent IT/ telephone engineering skills to work in a busy fast moving environment.
The IT Support Specialist Team (ITS) is part of the Customer Services section of the IT and Digital Dept. and provides the IT support for the 8500 desktops, 1500 laptops and associated peripheral devices located across all force locations.
You will be required to work across the West Midlands Police region and provide the IT support requirements for all police sites.
In the role you will be responsible for:
• Providing desktop/laptop fault resolution
• Completion of desktop/laptop/software service requests
• Implementing all IT / telephony moves and changes across the force
• Maintaining and developing existing IT systems in compliance with force policy
• Providing timely accurate management information for the ITS Team Manager
• Work in partnership with outside organisations including planning, organising activities and resources to meet objectives
You must have supervisory experience, be qualified to MCSE level or equivalent and already have experience within the desktop environment to include deployment, support and maintenance of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, MS Office products, MS App-v technology, printers, data and VOIP telephony and all associated hardware.
Strong verbal and written communication/interpersonal skills are essential. You must have a proactive approach to work and good attention to detail, together with an understanding of the importance of accuracy when undertaking tasks.
The successful applicant will be expected to provide:
• Excellent customer service skills, including a professional and helpful telephone manner
• Face to face customer service in various types of police environments
• Log / troubleshoot / classify / prioritise / resolve or escalate faults/service requests
• Escalate to management where appropriate
• Manage calls with 3rd party suppliers and manage the life-cycle of the call
• Ability to contribute to and work well within a team
• Be able to meet deadlines and manage a high pressure reactive workload
• Have an understanding of ITIL Problem and Incident management procedures
NB: You will be required to be on a standby rota and as the role is mobile, expected to travel forcewide.
• Have supervisory experience
• Be qualified to MCSE level or equivalent
• Have experience within the desktop environment to include deployment, support and maintenance of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, MS Office products, MS App-v technology, printers, data and VOIP telephony and all associated hardware.