It is an exciting time for HM Land Registry (HMLR) as we embark on a major transformation programme. HMLR’s ambition is to become the world’s leading land registry for speed, simplicity and an open approach to data. We are now looking for an experienced Lead WebOps Infrastructure Specialist to join our Digital, Data and Technology team to help us to achieve this.
As Lead WebOps Infrastructure Specialist you will provide strategic technical leadership to the Centre and subject matter expertise within the DevOps technical specialism. You will contribute to the analysis and resolution of major issues and problems arising on operational services, overseeing the co-ordination and management of technical tasks and provide technical advice and support to colleagues.
To meet the requirements of this role you will have significant evidence of working in an Infrastructure technology area and proven experience of delivery and operation of IT infrastructure to support IT services, specifically WebOps technologies and platforms. In addition, you will have demonstrable leadership skills within a technical environment and the ability to see and communicate strategic visions and goals. Part of the role will involve leading technical negotiations with IT partners and suppliers, therefore effective communication skills are essential.
The Digital, Data and Technology Directorate is the in-house IT division for HMLR. We are currently recruiting several roles to ensure the directorate’s teams contain the right blend of skills, experience and knowledge to take our major transformation programme forward. These teams are at the heart of the move to a digital, data-driven organisation with the ambition to provide our customers with cutting-edge digital services.
Located in the vibrant waterfront city of Plymouth, our environmentally friendly offices provide a great setting in which to work. Hundreds of miles of stunning coastline and 368 square miles of Dartmoor National Park are within easy reach.
• brilliant at the basics;
• a comprehensive Land Register;
• world-leading through Digital Street – our ground-breaking research and development project exploring how land registration might work in 2030;
• opening our data;
• expert people; and
• financially strong.
HMLR offers very competitive terms, conditions and benefits. We provide excellent opportunities for career progression, training and development. You will have access to Civil Service pension and benefits arrangements and generous leave allowances, as well as flexible working – exactly what you would expect from a progressive employer.
For more information about the job, please see the attached candidate guidance.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
- Developing Self and Others
- Delivering at Pace
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Significant evidence of working in an Infrastructure technology area
Things you need to know
If you’re applying for a role requiring security clearance please be aware that foreign or dual nationality is not an automatic bar. However certain posts may have restrictions which could affect those who do not have sole British nationality or who have personal connections with certain countries outside the UK.
Selection process details
• significant evidence of working in an Infrastructure technology area;
• ability to plan and manage and lead significant change, with the flexibility to work effectively in a constantly changing environment;
• demonstrates leadership skills in a technical environment including the ability to see and communicate strategic visions and goals;
• experience of delivery and operation of IT infrastructure required to support IT services and specifically WebOps technologies and platforms;
• devOps practises and processes;
• effective communication skills, including the ability to interact and build working relationships with stakeholders at senior levels.
The final selection stage will consist of a blended interview and pre-prepared presentation.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
Apply and further information
Contact point for applicants
Sift/interview dates and location
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 1 April 2019
2 William Prance Road
Related Jobs (24)
Customer Services Consultant – Nottingham – Evenings on April 29, 2019 Part Time