Lecturer in Digital Twins (Numerical Modelling)
We are looking to expand our vibrant Mechanical Engineering community through recruitment to a number of academic positions. We are looking for individuals who will contribute to maintaining our welcoming, inclusive, diverse and inspiring environment for our students, and whose expertise will complement and enhance our existing capabilities through cross-disciplinary research.
Our priority in this recruitment call is to bring in excellent individuals with expertise in Digital Twins Numerical Modelling (such as finite element or similar) working in emerging areas within their discipline who are also able to contribute to our cross-disciplinary efforts in tackling global challenges.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about both research and teaching, and who are keen to explore new collaborations and new approaches where possible. We recognise that applicants will come with a range of experience, and we will make our assessments based on your career stage and your potential to make a positive difference to our departmental activities and culture. Mentorship and training will be provided during your probationary period in order to help with your transition into the Department.
Furthermore, you will carry out teaching duties including designing, delivering, assessing and reviewing teaching programmes for undergraduate and postgraduate students. Initially, you will be allocated a lighter than average teaching load (typically just one 10 credit course), and little or no administrative duties to allow you to focus on establishing your research career. We will also provide a generous support package to ensure rapid progress in your research activity.
What We Offer:
● 41 days annual leave (including closure days and Bank Holidays), with the possibility to purchase up to ten additional days.
● Up to 5 days of paid time off to cover emergency caring responsibilities.
● A commitment to work life balance including, flexible working opportunities and hybrid working where possible.
● A highly competitive pension scheme.
● Discounts at participating shops and cinemas, and a cycle to work scheme.
● A commitment to your development, with programmes, learning modules and mentoring schemes.
● An inclusive and diverse workplace.
● A commitment to your wellbeing, with confidential emotional support, support for those going through the menopause, experiencing fertility treatment and having a baby, paid leave for IVF treatment and more.
Further information can be found at https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs/benefits
We are committed to exploring flexible working opportunities which benefit the individual and University.
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top of your screen.