Today HP is a $50+ billion fortune 50 company with just under 50,000 employees worldwide across 190 countries. HP is about innovation, it’s who we are and what we have been doing since 1939, we keep reinventing ourselves. Together we challenge convention, pushing each other to surprise the world.
This key support role reports into the Chief of Staff of the Managing Director of HP UK&I. The core responsibilities are to support the MD, his Chief of Staff. The successful applicant will be primarily based in our Reading office but will need to travel to our London City office as required (at least 2x per week).
This is a placement year opportunity which will take place for 13 months, from 1st July 2024 until 31st July 2025. The role is based in our Reading office, UK. The candidate should be open to travel occasionally.
- To be eligible for our Internship Programme you must currently be an undergraduate student at a University in the United Kingdom.
- You must be enrolled into a degree which allows you to work for a year in industry as a placement year.
- Preferred degrees, but not essential, include Business Management or Marketing related courses.
Key Job Tasks:
- Help run the HP UK Sports & Social Club including setting up and running monthly meetings our country Site Leads and playing an active role in the Reading office events
- Create quarterly newsletters to UK employees
- Maintain new starter guides & local office guides for London office
- Manage customer complaints that come into the MD’s office – maintain log and ensure complaints are followed up in a timely manner
- Maintain Crisis Management SharePoint and maintain a data library on it
- Manage nomination process for a variety of staff recognition programmes
- Help organise staff kick off events and manage schedules of exec visits to the London office
- Help with day to day running of Exec Office and ad hoc tasks
- Manage agenda and attendees for weekly management meetings
- Play an active role within the UK intern committee and help achieve fundraising targets for our corporate charity, the Prince’s Trust
Skill set required
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Power Point & Outlook
- Organised/co-ordination: able to prioritise according to preparation requirements including synchronisation of multiple elements with the same deadlines
- Attention to Detail: awareness and application of guidelines & requirements in all activities
- Communication: timely and regular updates on activity development, results & deadlines stakeholders
- Teamwork/collaboration: develop strong relationships with team to pool resources effectively when required; support other team member objectives, especially those that overlap with own
- Creative Problem Solving: Ability to think on feet and outside the box- challenge “this is the way we’ve always done it” mentality
- Self-motivated: actively search out opportunities to add value
- Drive to achieve: ownership of activity’s timely success
- Resourceful: search out & provide solutions to problems using own initiative
- Ability & Drive to take ownership of projects, including personal development/skills required to excel at role
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you. If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.