Marketing and Communications Administrator
- Job Reference: UOS039192
- Date Posted: 18 November 2023
- Recruiter: The University of Sheffield
- Website: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs
- Location: Brunel Way, Catcliffe, Rotherham S60 5WG
- Salary: £23,700 to £25,138
- Sector: Administration, Sales & Marketing & PR, Higher Education
- Job Type: Full Time
Do you want to kick-start your career in a vibrant and fast-paced marketing and communications environment?
We are looking for a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a marketing and communications administrator. This entry-level position offers a brilliant opportunity to work closely with professionals from diverse fields, including marketing, external and internal communications, events, design, media, and external affairs.
As the marketing and communications administrator, you will be the backbone of our busy team, providing essential support across various functions within the department. Your responsibilities will include:
● Managing the team email inbox and efficiently handling requests for support.
● Triaging incoming requests and general inquiries, ensuring prompt and accurate responses.
● Maintaining our digital asset management system, ensuring our video and image stock is up-to-date and on brand.
● Managing and organising financial records, as well as team plans, to facilitate effective project delivery.
● Performing general administration tasks related to finance, purchasing, office environment, and equipment.
● Assisting with day-to-day tasks and queries, contributing to the smooth operation of the department.
Qualifications and skills:
● Strong organisational and multitasking abilities.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Attention to detail and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
● Good understanding of office software.
● Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
● Eagerness to learn and adapt in a dynamic workplace.
Reporting and support:
You will report directly to the marketing and communications manager, who will provide guidance and mentorship as you grow in your role. Additionally, you will collaborate with colleagues on specific tasks, projects, and deliveries, fostering a supportive and collaborative work environment.
Why join us:
● 38 days annual leave (including closure days and Bank Holidays), with the possibility to purchase up to ten additional days.
● Up to 5 days of paid time off to cover emergency caring responsibilities.
● A commitment to work life balance including, flexible working opportunities and hybrid working where possible.
● A highly competitive pension scheme.
● Discounts at participating shops and cinemas, and a cycle to work scheme.
● A commitment to your development, with programmes, learning modules and mentoring schemes.
● An inclusive and diverse workplace.
● A commitment to your wellbeing, with confidential emotional support, support for those going through the menopause, experiencing fertility treatment and having a baby, paid leave for IVF treatment and more.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re one of the best not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK. The University’s Total Reward Package includes a competitive salary, a generous Pension Scheme and annual leave entitlement, as well as access to a range of learning and development courses to support your personal and professional development.
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top of your screen.