This is an exciting opportunity to support the approval and review of the University’s curriculum through the development and application of policies which aim to ensure we offer good quality provision for our students. You will work closely with academic schools, departments, and external partner organisations to develop and implement quality assurance and enhancement policies and processes.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- managing and developing efficient quality assurance policies and processes
- providing specialist advice and guidance to colleagues on the University's course development and review processes
- acting as officer to high level strategic university committees and panels
- developing and delivering workshops and training sessions on policies and processes
- managing a small team of staff
- proactive problem-solving skills to analyse and resolve complex issues
- ability to exercise judgement to review processes using innovative and creative thinking where appropriate
A degree and/or substantial previous experience of relevant work within Higher Education is essential, as is sufficient expert knowledge of quality assurance to be able to offer advice and guidance to colleagues.
In person interviews will be held on 14th July 2022.
This is a full-time (37 hours a week), permanent post.
The University operates an agile working policy which would extend to this role. This would mean the role holder could possibly work up to 60% from home and 40% from the workplace – although flexibility will be required.
The university offers a range of attractive benefits (including hybrid working), information of which can be found on our website.
The University is committed to an inclusive environment which embraces equality and diversity in our working, learning, research and teaching environment. We particularly encourage applicants from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) background because the university is underrepresented by BAME staff.
Further information about working for us, as well as the wide range of benefits we offer, can be found in the working with us section of our vacancies page.