We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic experienced Security Controller to join the University of Sheffield’s Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC), based within our Quality team.
As the Security Controller, you will play a pivotal role in supporting both the AMRC’s operational excellence, continued certification, and improvement of our working practices. You will have experience preparing, implementing and monitoring a number of security controls, compliance documentation and security procedures.
You will work with a range of groups throughout the organisation supporting personnel working on a wide variety of innovative manufacturing technology projects. You will raise awareness of and maintain compliance with UK Government, Customer and Organisational Security requirements and manage the Security program at the AMRC.
What We Offer
● 41 days annual leave (including closure days and Bank Holidays), with the possibility to purchase up to ten additional days.
● Up to 5 days of paid time off to cover emergency caring responsibilities.
● A commitment to work life balance including, flexible working opportunities and hybrid working where possible.
● A highly competitive pension scheme.
● Discounts at participating shops and cinemas, and a cycle to work scheme.
● A commitment to your development, with programmes, learning modules and mentoring schemes.
● An inclusive and diverse workplace.
● A commitment to your wellbeing, with confidential emotional support, support for those going through the menopause, experiencing fertility treatment and having a baby, paid leave for IVF treatment and more.
Further information can be found at https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs/benefits
Please be aware that there is a requirement for the successful applicant to obtain Developed Vetting Security Clearance. Please ensure you meet the eligibility criteria for the check when you are applying for this post.
About the team
You will join the Quality team who provide support to the AMRC in meeting our obligations in respect to stakeholder expectations, regulation/legislation and applicable international standards, and in facilitating continual improvement. The Quality team offer advice and support regarding the interpretation and application of requirements. They are responsible for coordinating the development of documented systems and providing tools for the execution of processes and procedures which ensure consistency and that the minimum quality requirements are met across the AMRC. The team, currently consisting of five personnel, provide objective advice and central co- ordination of activities such as calibration, non- conformities and improvement activities.
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
Apply now by clicking on the Apply button located near the top of your screen.