We have an exciting opportunity to join our Commercial group team as a Senior Procurement Manager. You will play a key part in ensuring that procurement activities throughout HM Land Registry are undertaken in accordance with the appropriate legislation/regulations and prevailing Government guidelines and best practice. You will get exposure to an organisation driving transformation and be at the forefront of the Commercial Group supporting this by helping shape and develop commercial capability. We will support your continuous professional training and on-going investment in learning and development.
HM Land Registry is focused on providing a more digitally enabled and customer-focused future for its Land Registration activities and becoming a more digital data-driven registration business. These strategic changes will impact on current business operations as well as the future operating model for HM Land Registry.
- Responsible for working across a range of commercial and purchasing category’s within HM Land Registry of work to deliver professional commercial, procurement and contract management advice as part of HM Land Registry’s Commercial Group.
- To ensure that procurement activities throughout HMLR are undertaken in accordance with the appropriate legislation/regulations and prevailing Government guidelines and best practice.
- To build successful and credible relationships with senior stakeholders, in order to aid delivery of HM Land Registry’s Business Strategy and Transformational objectives.
Transformation & Corporate Business Services Team (2 roles)
- Work with teams across HMLR to develop specifications, evaluation criteria, terms and conditions as part of the bidders’ pack. Manage the procurement processes, to ensure activities are undertaken in accordance with the appropriate legislation/regulations and prevailing Government guidelines and best practice.
- Engage with suppliers in the marketplace, across all stages of the commercial lifecycle to ensure a competitive landscape and supply chain.
- Develop commercial practices and processes and ensure commercial risk controls are in place; make informed commercial decisions and recommendations, understanding the impact of these upon the business as a whole.
- Communicate openly and effectively with stakeholders of all levels from across the business, translating complex commercial decisions into relatable concepts to promote understanding of wider business needs and securing buy-in; to deliver high quality commercial agreements.
- Plan and manage own and team’s workload to meet deadlines; understand priorities and be responsible for delivery.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
- Delivering at Pace
HM Land Registry offers very competitive terms, conditions and benefits. We provide excellent opportunities for career progression, training and development. You will have access to Civil Service pension and benefits arrangements and generous leave allowances, as well as flexible working – exactly what you would expect from a progressive employer.
HM Land Registry is a great place to work, where difference is celebrated
We’re committed to fairness and equality for all, so you feel valued for who you are and what you do. Diversity fuels our innovation. Our shared values help us work together, to benefit the communities we serve.
Our employee diversity networks support our culture of inclusion and contribute to our diversity action plan. Our current focus is to encourage people from under-represented groups into management and leadership roles, especially people with disabilities, women and ethnic minority colleagues.