We are looking for Researchers and Engineers to join a 6-month internship with the team based in Bristol that is researching the future of security technologies and techniques to make computing devices and data more secure for users and enterprises alike.
This internship is an exciting opportunity to participate in world-class research, to experience how industrial research is conducted to deliver customer value, and of course to do it all within the collaborative culture at HP. As a company HP is dedicated to attracting diverse talent from all backgrounds and ethnicity.
During your internship, you will work within a team creating new and innovative technologies for securing endpoint devices and infrastructures from the cloud to the edge. The team is a cross disciplinary team researching security and privacy concepts ranging from supply chain security to advanced cryptographic protocols leveraging trusted hardware and firmware co-design. There will be a variety of projects which can be matched to your skill sets, and you will work with researchers and technologists in the business units to design, prototype, and demonstrate the feasibility and value of your work.
Join us in our new office in the heart of the bustling Bristol city centre, within walking distance from the old town cafes and restaurants, in the middle of the city’s thriving startup and academic tech ecosystem. We are looking for curious and creative research-minded individuals who enjoy teamwork, have an excellent grounding in computer science and engineering, theory and practice, and are relentlessly excited to have impact and lead with innovation to solve real world challenges.
A salary shall be paid to interns.
- Develop understanding of state of the art in the relevant areas of research
- Navigate uncertainties in the research while working with the team to identify novel technological paths
- Work with the research team to design a solution which addresses the limitations of the existing approaches, and also be able to progress the research
- Demonstrate feasibility of solution (e.g., paper, prototype, etc.)
Mandatory skills and experience required
- Studying towards a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral university degree in the relevant topics
- Knowledge and practical experience in programming (C, C++, Python, C#, Java)
- Practical experience developing in Linux or Windows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen to learn and able to progress on live projects as part of a team or independently