Main area: Community Nursing
We are rated ‘outstanding’ overall by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). We are one of the North East’s largest employers with 9,500 dedicated members of staff. We have a Council of Governors with 70 members, representing the public, staff and some of our external partners.
We invest heavily in staff to ensure that the best talent is attracted, developed, looked after, and retained in every area of the organisation. Staff satisfaction is high and our staff consistently rate us as one of the best places to work in the NHS.
We were one of the first NHS Trusts to receive foundation status, and have been a foundation trust for over a decade.
Candidates must read the entire ‘Applicants Guidance Notes’ before submitting any applications.
Please note that it is a requirement of this Trust that all successful applicants pay for their own DBS certification if a DBS check is required for the post. The method of payment is a salary deduction from your first monthly pay.
Opportunities are available for personal and professional development. You need to be a team player, but able to work autonomously with the ability to deliver high quality care to a diverse patient population. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. Palliative care skills would be advantageous. In service training will be given.
- State Registration on Part 1 of the 3 part NMC register
- Additional clinical qualifications or equivalent derived through experience at diploma / degree level if experienced
- Newly qualified staff will be required to undertake the Trust preceptorship programme within the first year in post.
- Registered Mentor. Mentorship Qualification or relevant equivalent qualification (essential requirement for post, expectation this will be completed within an 18 month period)
- Need to meet the driving skills required to travel across the geographical area of Northumbria Healthcare Foundation Trust.
The post will be based at Bellingham but the post holder may be required to work at other sites within the Trust.
Related Jobs (239)
Senior Nurse Surgery (Nursing and Midwifery Registered) on August 14, 2019 Full TimePermanent
Junior Sister/Charge Nurse (Nursing and Midwifery Registered) on August 14, 2019 Full TimePermanent
Gynaecology Staff Nurse (Emergency Gynaecology Unit) on August 14, 2019 Full TimePermanent
Senior Clinical Nurse Specialist in Pelvic Floor Nursing on August 14, 2019 Full TimePermanent