We deliver care from 11 acute sites including an emergency care hospital, general and community hospitals, an outpatient and diagnostic centre, an elderly care unit and an integrated health and social care facility.
We are rated ‘outstanding’ overall by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). We are one of the North East’s largest employers with 9,500 dedicated members of staff. We have a Council of Governors with 70 members, representing the public, staff and some of our external partners.
We invest heavily in staff to ensure that the best talent is attracted, developed, looked after, and retained in every area of the organisation. Staff satisfaction is high and our staff consistently rate us as one of the best places to work in the NHS.
We were one of the first NHS Trusts to receive foundation status, and have been a foundation trust for over a decade.
Candidates must read the entire ‘Applicants Guidance Notes’ before submitting any applications.
Please note that it is a requirement of this Trust that all successful applicants pay for their own DBS certification if a DBS check is required for the post. The method of payment is a salary deduction from your first monthly pay.
Your role will be:-
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care working as a member of the ward team under the direction of the Ward Manager
- To be responsible for the organising and co-ordination of nursing services in the ward/dept in the absence of senior staff on a regular basis.
- To exercise accountability as set out in the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- To be responsible for all nursing care standards and to maintain high clinical standards
You must be:
- 1ST Level live NMC Registered Nurse
- Thorough understanding of contemporary nursing issues
- Ensuring the delivery of ‘Compassion in Practice’ – Nursing, Midwifery and Care Staff Vision and Strategy, incorporating the 6C’s.
- Able to manage a ward/department area for a period of a shift
- Registered Mentor. Mentorship Qualification or relevant equivalent qualification (essential requirement for post, expectation this will be completed within an 18 month period)
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels
- Ability to communicates with MDT
- Ability to work as member of a team
- High level of personal motivation
- Must be flexible to meet the needs of the service
Related Jobs (239)
Senior Nurse Surgery (Nursing and Midwifery Registered) on August 14, 2019 Full TimePermanent
Junior Sister/Charge Nurse (Nursing and Midwifery Registered) on August 14, 2019 Full TimePermanent
Gynaecology Staff Nurse (Emergency Gynaecology Unit) on August 14, 2019 Full TimePermanent
Senior Clinical Nurse Specialist in Pelvic Floor Nursing on August 14, 2019 Full TimePermanent