Off the back of announcing our World Heritage ambitions for Port Sunlight, the world’s finest planned working-class community, custodians Port Sunlight Village Trust are now seeking new voluntary Board members. We are looking to appoint two trustees with separate expertise in global heritage conservation and financial management.
As a trustee, you will work alongside the senior leadership team and Board to realise a new 5-year plan for the organisation and a longer-term masterplan for Port Sunlight. With the conclusion of some members’ terms of office, we want to take this opportunity to diversify our Board so that it is more reflective of modern society and the communities we serve.
At present, diverse social groups are underrepresented at PSVT, and this is something we want to change. Therefore, we particularly encourage applications from people who are of the Global Majority, Disabled, Neurodiverse, D/deaf, LGBTQIA2S+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and/or Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, Two-Spirit), and/or from working-class backgrounds. We would also be keen to hear from candidates under 30 years old who are passionate about representing a younger perspective and have the experience to contribute at Board level. Board positions are voluntary, but travel expenses are covered.
For the Heritage Conservation role, we require:
- Expertise in architecture and/or building conservation
- Experience of World Heritage Site Inscription, and established professional network
- Understanding of the history, heritage, and significance of Port Sunlight.
- Understanding of how conservation of the historic built environment can be reconciled with both contemporary development needs and climate crisis challenges.
- Awareness of the legacies of colonialism in contemporary Britain, and a willingness to support the anti-racist addressal of this problematic heritage in a Port Sunlight context
For the Financial Management role, we require:
- Substantial senior-level experience in financial management, auditing, and accounting.
- Experience of developing financial strategy, planning, analysis, and monitoring against plans.
- Experience in management of financial and non-financial risks.
- Willingness to provide strategic financial leadership for PSVT at Board level.
PSVT is a charity, private landlord and is custodian of Port Sunlight, a heritage site, visitor destination, and independent residential and business community. You can find out about our work, responsibilities and the village itself by visiting our website.
How to apply
If you have the professional skills, commitment, and passion to help steer Port Sunlight’s future, we would love to hear from you. Contact us for a recruitment pack on 0151 644 4800 or email@example.com You can also request an informal conversation with our Chief Executive, Paul Harris. The closing date for completed applications is: 5pm Monday 8th August 2022.
PSVT is committed to ensuring that applicants for all paid and voluntary positions are provided with equity of opportunity. We encourage applications from all interested individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, offending background, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships. We are also determined to ensure our recruitment processes are fully accessible and that all reasonable adjustments are made to enable individuals to carry out their roles effectively.