£38,000 Plus 26 Days’ Holiday, Option To Buy Up To Five Days’ Extra Annual Leave, Flexible Working, Civil Service Pension, Additional Benefits Package.
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly and we work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are now seeking a Workforce Development Manager to join us in Birmingham and take the lead in planning resourcing and development needs that will meet the needs of the organisation in the future.
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives. It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As the Workforce Development Manager, you will be leading a proactive approach towards the future resource needs of the Gambling Commission. You will develop and implement an approach which anticipates future capability and requirements and delivers solutions that addresses these.
Focusing on developing the potential of existing personnel, you will seek to align this activity with our strategy, business plan, learning framework and recruitment methods.
Your aim will be to deliver joined up solutions to help to make the Gambling Commission a great place to work.
The role will also involve:
– Identifying the knowledge, skill, experience and resource gaps and developing plans to combat these
– Leading on succession planning and management
– Developing strategic resources such as graduate, intern and apprenticeship programmes
– Ensuring that the effectiveness and benefits of solutions generate return on investment and value for money
Interested? If so, you will need:
– Specialist knowledge in learning and development and resourcing gained within a HR/OD function
– Management experience, demonstrating delivery of change and operational planning
– Experience in the design and delivery of organisation wide change, policy development and implementation
– Experience of improving organisation performance through Learning, Development and Resourcing
– To be educated to MCIPD or have relevant equivalent experience
– Knowledge and experience of managing budgets and finance
Influential and strategic in your thought process, as the Workforce Development Manager, you will also need excellent relationship management, facilitation and presentation skills. Strong planning and analysis skills will be key, as will the ability to develop creative solutions to support the management of change.
The closing date for this role is the 5th June 2019.
To apply for the role of Workforce Development Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.