Come to a diverse and talented community of 21000 students in the UK the University of Greenwich is one of the most respected high quality universities in London and Kent It also has more than 17000 students studying with 30 partner academic institutions in 29 countries.
We believe in demonstrating a clear commitment to equality through exhibiting consistent values and behaviours creating an environment in which students and staff are selected and treated solely on the basis on their merit abilities and potential.
The largest campus is centred on the Old Royal Naval College in Royal Greenwich at the heart of a UNESCO World Heritage Site on the banks of the River Thames and next to Greenwich Royal Park. The Avery Hill Campus in Eltham enjoys a parkland setting and the Medway Campus features redbrick Edwardian buildings in Chatham Maritime Kent.
- • Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- • Business School
- • Faculty of Education and Health
- • Faculty of Engineering and Science
The University’s Strategic Plan 2017-2022 ‘Making Greenwich Great II’ sets out a five year programme for the University aiming to develop the University by building on the achievements of the previous 2012-2017 plan.
The University’s mission is:
To transform lives through inspired teaching and research
We aim to achieve this through high-quality education research and enterprise activities. Success is demonstrated by significant cultural economic environmental and social contributions at local national and international scales.
- • The University’s vision is captured through our six strategic objectives:
- • Changing student lives through outstanding teaching and learning
- • Enhancing science and society through inspiring research and enterprise
- • Creating engaging campus environments and services
- • Supporting and developing our staff
- • Internationalising Greenwich
- • Enhancing student employability
- • Each objective is supported with individual projects and key performance indicators. The objectives have been designed to be integrated and fully inclusive
Diversity and Inclusion
University of Greenwich is committed to creating a positive supportive working environment for all our students and staff. We value the diversity of all our students and are committed to ensuring students are:
- • Equality Objective 1. Improve systems to monitor and report data related to the nine protected groups as defined under the Equality Act 2010 amongst staff and students
- • Equality Objective 2. Promote the University’s values and behaviours of equality,diversity and inclusion by sharing best practice, awareness and learning
- • Equality Objective 3. Support the University’s mission to be positioned in the top 50 Universities in the country by our commitment towards Equality and Diversity accreditation
- For more information please see
People Strategy: “The Greenwich Way: Aspiration/Confidence/Creativity/Professionalism/Responsibility”
“This strategy’s mission is to recruit, develop and engage people who inspire society through the discovery, application and dissemination of knowledge”. It covers all staff both academic and professional with the aim of providing a framework for achieving the University’s mission through the contribution of our people.
This will be achieved by:
- • Developing an inclusive community of scholars and professionals with a commitment to a common purpose and in which we support each other for achieve individual and organisational goals.
- • Ensuring that all employees understand the University’s objectives and their part in achieving them.
- • Clarifying the expectations of the employee’s role and standards of performance required.
- • Providing feedback coaching and skills development.
- • Fairly rewarding good performance and challenging underperformance
Stonewall Diversity Champion/Stonewall Top 100 Employers/HR Excellence/Two Ticks/Good Recruitment Campaign