- SALARY & BENEFITS £27,519 - £29,307
Cheshire Constabulary was founded in 1857 and is now responsible for policing nearly a million people. There are approximately 2,081 regular Police Officers, 220 Police Community Support Officers and 1,464 civilian Police Staff.
Someone who serves in Cheshire Constabulary joins an organisation with a proud and formidable history and would be expected to maintain the high esteem in which the public holds the Force. To work at Cheshire Constabulary, you will also have to uphold The Police Service Statement of Common Values.
On-site parking, subsidised gym, flexible working, contributory pension, childcare vouchers and career progression opportunities with the force.
• Develop strong working relationships inside and outside of the team to provide support and maximise performance.
• Provide direction, support and guidance to members of the team.
• Demonstrate flexibility and openness to change.
• Demonstrate professional customer service skills by responding to needs, communicating clearly and taking ownership of service.
• Understand how you contribute to performance, ensure targets and service level agreements are met and strive for continuous improvement.
• Take personal responsibility for own decisions and actions, act with integrity and professionalism and ensure your own professional knowledge is current.
• Use resources efficiently and effectively to meet goals, targets and service level agreements.
• Take ownership of customer information ensuring it is regularly updated and is accurate. Maintain knowledge of Force policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with relevant legislation and guidance.
• Take responsibility for your own health and safety, be aware of the H&S policies/procedures, comply with the health and safety requirements put in place by management and raise any concerns.
• Contribute to and deliver local strategy and business plan, live the values and lead the team to achieve. Demonstrate flexibility and openness to change.
• Drive customer service with an emphasis on service improvement and process
• Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, deliver management information, ensure data quality and appropriately communicate information.
• Understand and respect the views, opinions, circumstances and feelings of colleagues and customers and ensure they are treated with dignity at all times.
Please see the attached Role Profile for more information about this vacancy.
Where the role requires a specific qualification you will also be required to bring the original certificate as proof of your achievement and a photocopy to interview.
For the information of Internal Cheshire Constabulary members of staff only – Please note that you must obtain your Line Manager and Area Commander/Departmental Head supporting statement. Without this, we will be unable to progress your application. This is only applicable to secondments for Police Staff roles and all Police Specialist Roles. Any applications submitted without this support will not be progressed through the process.
You will also be required to bring a copy of your recent PDR to interview.
The Police Service is an equal opportunities organisation and is determined to ensure that:
The workforce reflects the diverse society which it serves and that the working environment is free from any form of discrimination, victimisation or harassment.
No job applicant or volunteer is treated more or less favourably on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief or disability. This is subject to the Police Service engaging in positive action scheme which intends to overcome or minimise a person’s disadvantage.
No job applicant or volunteer is disadvantaged by a provision, criterion or practice which cannot be shown to be a proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim.
Should you require any support in completing your application or a reasonable adjustment to our recruitment process please contact MFSS Recruitment on 01606 366800 at the earliest opportunity to ensure that measures can be put in place to enable your application for this post.
Please be aware that preferences will be given to those on the redeployment register.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that this vacancy may close early, therefore please submit your application as early as possible.
The Force does not re-imburse travel to interview expenses.
The Force operates a no smoking policy.