Is Sport a Safe Space for LGBTQ+ Women and Non-Binary Participants?
Wednesday, February 21, 2024
This discussion aims to explore the safety and inclusivity of sports for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBTQ+) women and non-binary individuals. By listening to lived experiences of our panellists, you will gain insight into the challenges faced by LGBTQ+ participants in sports and understand the importance of creating safe and inclusive environments.
The session will provide actionable strategies for organisations and individuals to promote inclusivity in sports and support effective allyship for LGBTQ+ women and non-binary individuals.
This webinar is hosted by Michelle Daltry, Head of Service Sport at Inclusive Employers.
She was the Partnership Manager for Disability Sport Wales, a post that she held for over 19 years, before joining the team. Michelle is passionate about supporting the sector to address inequalities within the workplace and out in the field of play. Find out more about Michelle.
What will you learn
- An understanding of the challenges and barriers that LGBTQ+ women and non-binary individuals encounter in sports and physical activity.
- Good practice for fostering a safe and inclusive environment that welcomes and supports LGBTQ+ participants in sports.
- How to be an effective ally and advocate for LGBTQ+ women and non-binary individuals in sports, promoting a culture of inclusion and respect.
Related Awareness Event
LGBTQ+ History Month – 01st-29th February 2024
Who is this for?
- Level – Intermediate
- Sport sector I&D professionals
- Sport sector leaders
- Anyone with an interest in learning more about inclusive coaching and volunteering in the sport sector
Book Your Place Here
- If you are an Inclusive Employers Member please log in to access your five free places.
- In-house training is available for this and many other inclusion topics. Get in touch and we’d be happy to discuss your requirements.
- If you have any questions about this event or have any accessibility requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note: we do not typically supply recordings or slides for our webinars.