Thursday, November 10, 2022
Islamophobia is prevalent in the UK today. It can come in the form of microaggressions to hate crimes, including stereotyping, bullying, verbal comments, discrimination, barriers to employment, inaccessible policies, harmful media portrayal, physical violence and in many other ways.
What will you learn
This November, Islamophobia Awareness Month, we’d like to highlight and raise awareness of what our Muslim colleagues are facing on a daily basis and how to empathise, support and ally them so that we can create an inclusive workplace for all.
- What is Islamophobia and why do we need an awareness month?
- Why is Islamophobia so prevalent? – How Muslim people are portrayed in our society and in the media and the impact this has on stereotyping and discrimination
- How we can ally our Muslim colleagues and Muslim people and make our working environments and our society safer for Muslim people to live in
Who is this for?
- Anyone who’d like to learn more about Islamophobia and how to support Muslim colleagues in the workplace
- Inclusion and Diversity managers
- HR professionals
- Change makers
- Network leads
Book Your Place
- You may notice that our events booking process looks a little different! If you are unsure about how to book onto a webinar, click here for an instructional video.
- Inclusive Employers Members can join online or dial in to all webinars, accessing up to five places per member, per webinar, for free – please ensure you are logged in to your Inclusive Employers account to see the free ticket option.
- Non-members can book onto these webinars for £89 + VAT per place, per webinar. Members can purchase extra places, on top of the five free already allocated, at a discounted price of £79 + VAT.
- Alternatively, members and non-members can also buy an in-house package for up to 300 people per webinar, to be run whenever you like. Email email@example.com to enquire.
- Please note: we do not supply recordings or slides for our webinars to members or non-members unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- If you have any questions about this event or have any accessibility requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.