Neurodiversity and Sport
Wednesday, December 13, 2023
The term “neurodiversity” describes the idea that people experience and interact with the world around them in different ways.
There is no one “right” way of thinking, learning, and behaving, and differences are not viewed as deficits. This webinar aims to inspire sports organisations, coaches, athletes, and supporters to foster a more inclusive and diverse sporting landscape.
In this webinar we will focus on how inclusive practices can create opportunities for neurodivergent individuals to thrive in sporting environments. We will provide practical strategies to promote inclusivity and support neurodivergent athletes, coaches, and colleagues.
This webinar is hosted by Michelle Daltry, Head of Service Sport at Inclusive Employers.
She was the Partnership Manager for Disability Sport Wales, a post that she held for over 19 years, before joining the team. Michelle is passionate about supporting the sector to address inequalities within the workplace and out in the field of play. Find out more about Michelle.
What will you learn
- An understanding of neurodiversity and its significance in the sporting context.
- Challenges faced by neurodivergent people in sport and physical activity.
- The benefits of having neurodivergent colleagues, coaches, athletes, and volunteers.
- Practical strategies for creating inclusive sporting environments that support neurodivergent athletes.
Who is this for?
- Level – Intermediate
- Sport sector I&D professionals
- Sport sector leaders
- Anyone with an interest in learning more about inclusive coaching and volunteering in the sport sector
Book Your Place
- If you are an Inclusive Employers Member please log in to access your five free places.
- In-house training is available for this and many other inclusion topics. Get in touch and we’d be happy to discuss your requirements.
- If you have any questions about this event or have any accessibility requirements, contact email@example.com.
- Please note: we do not typically supply recordings or slides for our webinars.
Book Ticket: Neurodiversity and Sport - Inclusive Employers