The Reality of Socio-Economic Exclusion
Wednesday, November 29, 2023
Socio-economic background has a substantial effect on workplace inclusion, yet it is something we often avoid talking about.
This session will explore socio-economic exclusion and how someone’s background affects opportunities, progression and experience of an organisation’s culture. We will also discuss how to attract, recruit, develop and include people from a diverse range of social and economic backgrounds.
This webinar is hosted by Courtney Wright, I&D expert from Inclusive Employers.
Courtney Wright has a Human Resources background and has practical experience implementing diversity, inclusion, engagement and wellbeing initiatives in the charity sector. She has worked closely with Employee Voice Groups and staff networks. Courtney also has a specific interest in social mobility, LGBTQ+ inclusion, ethnicity, and intersectionality. Find out more about Courtney.
What will you learn
- What do we mean by socio-economic background and social mobility
- What barriers might people from different socio-economic backgrounds face, exploring through an intersectional lens
- How does this impact progression and “culture fit” within organisations
- What can truly inclusive organisations do to attract, recruit, develop and show allyship to people from a diverse range of socio-economic backgrounds
Who is this for?
- Level – Intermediate
- Senior Management Team, HR, Line Managers, Whole Staff Team
Book Your Place
- If you are an Inclusive Employers Member please log in to access your five free places.
- In-house training is available for this and many other inclusion topics. Get in touch and we’d be happy to discuss your requirements.
- If you have any questions about this event or have any accessibility requirements, contact email@example.com.
- Please note: we do not typically supply recordings or slides for our webinars.